Getting blogging right

Up until now this blog has been a bit of a hotchpotch. It started off as a way to share family news and experiences, before social networking sites really kicked off, and turned into a bit of a commentary on the news, anything I felt particularly fired up about at the time, and, occasionally, posts like this talking about the blog itself.

Dull and messy for most readers; unfocussed and therefore hard to maintain for me. It was a cross between an public, online journal and a random assortment of semi-interesting opinion pieces.

So I'm changing all that. I'm removing posts that really belong on private social networks and sticking to the newsy, opinion based stuff. And by knowing what it is that I'm intending to use this blog for, hopefully I'll be able to update it a bit more regularly.

Here's hoping.